Plan of Calcutta (now Kolkata), by M.W. Woollaston, 1825
Plan of Calcutta (now Kolkata), by M.W. Woollaston, 1825. Established by the East India Company from about 1690 on the site of three villages, Kalikata, Gobindapur, and Sutanuti, Calcutta grew in size and prestige through the 18th century, and became the headquarters of the East India Company in 1772. Situated on the banks of the Hooghly, it acquired the nick-name of ‘The City of Palaces’ and was seen as the second city of the Empire. Our plan shows the city in the years just before major industrial expansion and the coming of the railway.
Original Size: 60 x 38 cms
|Size||Art on Demand Paper||Bamboo Paper||Silk Paper|
|119 cm X 77 cm||£2100||£2100||£3000|
|89 cm X 58 cm||£1800||£1800||£2400|
|60 cm X 38 cm||£1500||£1500||£2100|